Earn College Credit From Attending the Congress!
Things To Note:
College credit is earned through the completion of the project submission to Bottega University.
The project must incorporate the notes from the Congress.
The NLA100 course will be open from November 7th.
The project due date is December 18th.
Project due dates will not be extended. Submission must be made through Bottega University in the Canvas LMS. Projects will not be accepted through email.
Because of the number of submissions, grading will be finalized two weeks after each session and grades posted. The Certificate of Completion will be emailed to the student by the University Registrar, thereafter.
The acceptance of transfer credits between institutions is at the discretion of the receiving college or university. An applicant who wishes to receive a transfer and/or equivalent credit evaluation prior to enrollment must provide official college transcripts and training certificates.
Student wishing to transfer Bottega University credits to another institution should check first with that institution regarding its policy on transfer credit.
What Delegates Must Do To Be Eligible For Bottega University College Credit:
1. Enroll for College Credit
2. Attend the Congress and fully participate.
3. Take notes during the Congress about key experiences, takeaways, and observations.
4. After the Congress, revisit notes and write an seven to ten-page Congress Reflection to summarize the experience and discuss how you will apply key takeaways from the Congress to your life or your future career in medicine.
Expected time for completion of the Congress Reflection is ten to fifteen hours.
The Congress Reflection essay should be typed, double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, and averaging about 500 words per page (4000-5000 words total).
After attending the Congress of Future Medical Leaders, revisit your notes on the topics discussed and the speakers’ presentations. You will write a minimum of seven pages as a reflective paper on what you learned and explain about the speakers you are highlighting.
The paper will be double-spaced, APA formatted (cover page required, no abstract, and no references), and will be specific with the following information.
1. Introduction – overall impression of the Congress
2. Summarize the presentations from your four favorite speakers with the key takeaway from each speaker (each speaker should be at least a page)
3. Reflection of your goals in medicine or science
4. Final thoughts from the Congress
You will be graded according to the following:
– Degree to which your response reflects the content of the Congress
– Evidence of generalization of concepts to other aspects of your life or the industry
– Quality of the articulation of your ideas
Expected time for completion of the Congress Reflection is ten to twelve hours.
The Congress Reflection response will be graded by Bottega University faculty to determine whether you will earn credit. The essays will be graded based on your ability to clearly synthesize your experience at the Congress in your response. To earn credit, passing requires a grade of C or higher, as is expected of all other undergraduate-level Bottega University students. The final grade will be a letter grade. A grade of “C” or higher is considered passing.
The cost of the one college credit offered by Bottega University (BU) in conjunction with the Congress of Future Medical Leaders is $275.
This includes $225 for college credit tuition plus a $50 BU registration fee. Included with the fees for college credit is one transcript. Additional transcripts are available from BU for $15 each.
The tuition and registration fees for college credit are not refundable. To add college credit to your enrollment, you can:
1) Speak with BU directly through the button at the top of this page.
2) Submit your information below and instructions will be emailed to you.
Bottega Canvas LMS Login: How To Guide